The Other Way to See Borobudur Temple From Far is From Chicken Church

The Other Way to See Borobudur Temple From Far is From Chicken Church or It Is known as "Gereja Ayam"

The Other Way to See Borobudur Temple From Far is From Chicken Church
"Gereja Ayam" or Chicken Church

If you are a traveller you should go to Borobudur Temple. Borobudur temple is a buddha statue which was built in 9th century and it is located in Magelang, Central Java, Indonesia. However many people know that this place is in Jogja, but actually that is wrong although it is near to Jogja but the location is in Magelang, Centra Java which is in different province.

Borobudur temple is the biggest Buddhist temple in the world and it has 2,672 relief panels and 504 Buddha statues. The site is in the list of UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1991. The design of the temple is Javanese Buddhist architecture and also it is blended with India’s architecture.

You can see the temple from close way and even you can up to the top of the temple. But this time I want to show you how to see the beauty of the temple from far cause as you know the ticket for entering the Borobudur temple compounds is really expensive however it deserves the view and the history things that you will get there. This time we can see Borobudur temple from far and this place is called “Gereja Ayam” or if it is translated to English will be “Chicken Church”.

Chicken Church or "Gereja Ayam" is actually not far away from the world’s biggest Buddhist temple, Borobudur temple. It is located in Kembang Limus, Borobudur, Magelang it’s still in the same district and about 3KM from the temple. To go to this site you can drive your own car or motorbike and if you are an international tourist you can take a GOJEK (Application) or even take a local dokar (delman or cart).

You just need to pay Rp 15.000  for local and Rp 30.000 for foreigner. I think this is cheap and it is not as expensive as Borobudur temple but you still can see amazing scenery and Borobudur temple from far.

You will climb up the stairs about 15 minutes then you will get to the top of the Rhema hill, it is a hill where the church is on the top of the hill. You will see many teak trees there while you are walking to enjoy the scenery with typicall Indonesia’s warn weather.

On the top of the hill you will see a big chicken building with white colour stands sturdy, eventhough the church is actually a dove not chicken but local people call it as "Gereja Ayam" or Chicken Church. It is actually not a real church I mean it is a building which is used for every religion not only chirst, islam but all.

When I went inside  the Chicken Church a guide informed me about that building really is. I was so excited to explore the church cause it was really calm with calm music was playing and it has large room where many people sat there at that time. I saw not only Indonesian but also chinese, europeans and more from different countries.


Underground room
Underground room

I went to the underground rooms first, those rooms are for praying for every religion. Doesn’t it feel so interesting to visit this place guys? I mean this is called a church by local people which most of local people are moeslims and it is close to the biggest Buddhist temple in the world. Oh my God, I feel like I am living in plural area with warm people that respect diversity, I am so grateful.


Borobudur temple from Gereja Ayam
Can you spot the Borobudur temple?

I was so excited cause I really wanted to go to the top, the crown part. I went up and saw many pictures on the wall and I saw the Borobudur temple from the windows. That was so beautiful scenery. Then finally I was on the top of the crown place. I also saw Borobudur temple and beautiful scenery with the backgound of Menoreh hills.


Crown of Chicken Church
I am on the top of the crown

I took  many pictures there to upload to my instagram account, but there was really hot so my friends and I decided to go back down. Then we ate free cassava on the bar of the church with beautiful scenery, that was really awesome. This place is really recommended for you guys who love taking pictures, it is instagramable.


This is really hot!

Enjoy you cassava!

Beautiful scenery of Menoreh hills

So what do you think guys about that place, please give me your opinion in the comment section below.

Thank you guys for reading this article and don’t forget to give comment, share and follow my social media account :
Instagram : @agungpsp.id


Previous
Next Post »

1 comments:

Click here for comments
Anonymous
admin
21 October 2018 at 07:57 ×

I love your post ��

Congrats bro Anonymous you got PERTAMAX...! hehehehe...
Reply
avatar
Thanks for your comment